Issues with imported database

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

littlebugbigbug

Issues with imported database

Post by littlebugbigbug »

Hello all,

I've been importing an old mantis server into a new one and have issues with file attachments from the old server. I've successfully migrated the old mysql database over, and when checking the mantis_bug_file_table it's showing that the folder for the attachment files is under:

/var/www/mantis-test/uploads/

and I've uploaded a few of the old attachment files onto the new server using the same directory, but the attachments show up as missing.

The old config_inc.php file shows

$g_file_upload_method = DISK;
$g_absolute_path_default_upload_folder = '/var/www/mantis-test/uploads/';

and I've copied that into our new config_inc.php as well.

One strange thing I've noticed from the old mantis server is that although the config_inc.php shows the upload path is

/var/www/mantis-test/uploads/

all of the files appear to be in a different folder (/var/www/mantis/uploads/).

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this or how I can properly move attachments from my old server to this new one?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Issues with imported database

Post by atrol »

Check also your individual project settings. There is a setting "Upload File Path"
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
littlebugbigbug

Re: Issues with imported database

Post by littlebugbigbug »

I confirmed that the individual projects were uploading to the specified folder as well, and I was also able figure out my issue. For anyone who might come across this thread:

On the old server the files were being stored with the naming convention diskfile-filename, but on the new server only the diskfile part needs to be included. I'll need to create a batchscript to rename all of these files, but that shouldn't take too long. Thank you!