Move issues

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

federico

Move issues

Post by federico »

Hello.

I have one special project with four dependant subprojects (i.e issues of the defence department) which issues are private and confidential, only for the the scope of its parent project. This means, the project manager could move issues only between the parent sub-projects, but should not be able to move issues outside of the parent project. I realized when a user can move issues between projects, it is possible to move private issues of private projects, into a public projects which only manages public issues, and this invalidate all the mantisbt utility too late for me.

Is it possible to achieve this behaviour with mantisbt? How?

Thank you in advance.
cas

Re: Move issues

Post by cas »

as far as I am aware this is not possible :(
federico

Re: Move issues

Post by federico »

Thank you, cos. I really appretiate your contributions.

I will have to mantain two instances because of my project security restrictions, or I am not seeing something I should see. For future versions, I would like to suggest the possibility of restricting issue movement, depending on a sort of rule ("can move only through sub-projects"). It has sense, and opens a wide range of mantisbt solutions which require to manage sensitive information in a compact way (education, health, military, banking...), that always demands compliance with prodedural standards, which needs to be audited by different authorities.

Although this is enough generic to be a suitable mantisbt feature, main issue needs to solve two more things (may be more), that also could be included by default with no impact in the running mantisbt affairs (about 10% lost of database performance could be admisible):
  • secure key storage management: I have no idea about how to implement, yet
  • database encryption: it is not so hard, but its manage has some limitations
Other desiderable matter I found, should be to implement the ability to match the company organizational chart with mantisbt users and roles for each project/subproject. I will try to write this in a plugin as an admin folder extension, using the mantisbt api, and some kind of rest integration, to access external data sources. Another one, could be to have available some good practices about how to mantain project configurations between the different development environments in a usual implementation lifecycle.

Once my mantisbt evaluation process is finished, those are the unontrusive things I have found, to make mantisbt better and more friendly. I am conscient it requires a relatively long hard work, and thousands of tests. As well as I feel able to solve most of them by myself inside the mantisbt and mysql architecture, I have the intuition I should never assume the project core development, and consider it "as is".