IMAP throw parse errors, but the mails work

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ErikRoelofs

IMAP throw parse errors, but the mails work

Post by ErikRoelofs »

Hi.

I'm having some problems running this plugin with IMAP mail settings. I keep getting parse errors like this:

2915,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:PARSE ERROR!!! must be a '\r\n' here but is a ' '!!!! (getting the next line)|STR:|
A0007 OK STATUS completed.
|
2871,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:must be a but is a 'A0007' !!!!
2903,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:bogus response!!!! (COMMAND: )
2915,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:PARSE ERROR!!! must be a '\r\n' here but is a 'OK'!!!! (getting the next line)|STR:| STATUS completed.
|
2871,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:must be a but is a 'STATUS' !!!!
2903,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:bogus response!!!! (COMMAND: )
2915,/home/mantis_stg/www/plugins/EmailReporting/core/Net/IMAPProtocol_1.0.3.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:PARSE ERROR!!! must be a '\r\n' here but is a 'COMPLETED.'!!!! (getting the next line)|STR:|
|

However, there is nothing wrong with the mails. They look just fine in the mail client and if I switch the reader to POP3 they are parsed without issues. But since POP3 doesn't seem to support moving issues to a project based on the user sending the mail, I kinda need IMAP to work. Does anyone know what it causin this bug?
SL-Gundam

Re: IMAP throw parse errors, but the mails work

Post by SL-Gundam »

What versions are you running of MantisBT and EmailReporting?

What mail server are you using for IMAP

How do you use IMAP to move issues to certain projects based on the senders?
ErikRoelofs

Post by ErikRoelofs »

Mantis 1.2.9 running EmailReporting 0.8.4

Mail server is Exchange 2008 (running on Small Business Server)

We had the Create project subfolder structure feature active I believe. Unfortunately Mantis was setup by an ex-colleague, so I don't have all of the details. But ever since we did a rollback after a failed upgrade the IMAP mails cannot be read anymore, and we're running the same code and should be running the same configuration.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

First i suggest you update 0.9.0-DEV

https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/EmailReporting

There have been some small amount of fixes for IMAP that might work for your situation
ErikRoelofs

Post by ErikRoelofs »

It didn't help unfortunately. I've made some manual adjustments so we can keep working with POP3, so at least we can keep working normally. Thanks for the help though.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

What package was rolled back after a failed upgrade? the exchange server?