[CLOSED] Change Request

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

viaglar

[CLOSED] Change Request

Post by viaglar »

Hi!

We used the Email_Reporting_0.8.2 with MantisBT_1.2.3 with following configuration...
Configuration: Delete processed email from the mailbox = No
This happened...
The plugin processes the e-mails into mantis only once (even after multiple runs)

The problem we face now with the Email_Reporting_0.9.0-DEV and MantisBT_1.2.17 is following...
Configuration: Delete processed email from the mailbox = No
This happened...
The plugin processes the e-mails into mantis every time it runs (duplicates bug tracks)

I don't know if it's a bug...if not, how can I contact the developer for a change request?

Thx!
Last edited by viaglar on 18 Sep 2014, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
SL-Gundam

Re: Change Request

Post by SL-Gundam »

Are you using IMAP or POP3?

What mail server are you using?
viaglar

Post by viaglar »

Protocol: IMAP
Mail server: IBM Domino
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

EmailReporting has not changed any functionality in this respect. What has changed is that a newer version of net_imap is being used to fix other issues some users were experiencing.

The reason the old functionality has not been restored is because IMAP could also be used differently where in the mailbox there are folders for every project. Most emails that are moved to those folders are read ones which would not work properly if this functionality is restored

So it works thus for IMAP
1. When email has been fully processed without errors, email is marked as deleted.
2. The configuration option you are talking about decides whether or not to expunge those deleted emails

If emails stay behind and are processed multiple times, either an error was encountered and operations could not be properly completed or your IMAP server did not handle the delete command properly (or the check for the presence of the delete flag on the email) which is strange as i've never heard of any problems with it.
viaglar

Post by viaglar »

I did a local test. I installed hMailServer and proccessed from there...and guess what?

I have the same problem.

As you said, the e-mails after processed had the flag "delete" and they stay in the inbox. But also as I said, they were processed everytime I sart the script "bug_report_mail.php".

In the old version of "Email_Reporting_0.8.2" this won't happen.

What should I do?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

I believe i've found the issue.

The check on the delete flag of messages seems to have an issue.

I'm going to try to fix this
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Alright should be fixed now

https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Ema ... db87c728d3

Please download the latest 0.9.0-DEV package and overwrite all files in the EmailReporting plugin directory
viaglar

Post by viaglar »

it works like a charm :roll:

thank you very much!