Retiring AgileMantis during Upgrade to Latest Mantis

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

chaspro

Retiring AgileMantis during Upgrade to Latest Mantis

Post by chaspro »

I find that I must upgrade Mantis beyond the version that supports the AgileMantis plugin due to security vulnerabilities.

I am currently running MantisBT v1.2.4

Can someone tell me if the upgrade process from v1.x to v2.x will retain all of the AgileMantis tables?

I would like to upgrade, and then probably define some custom fields that I could populate with historical Product Backlog and Sprint names from the AgileMantis tables via use of SQL.

Yes .. I have scoured the forums in search of a replacement agile/scrum plugin and none of them seem to have been maintained for Mantis v2. I'm OK with going back to basics if I can cobble together a simple organizational model based on a few list fields.

Any advice would be helpful.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Retiring AgileMantis during Upgrade to Latest Mantis

Post by atrol »

Upgrading Mantis will not touch any plugin database table.

I had a short look at the plugin source code.
Even uninstalling the plugin should not delete any data
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/agi ... s.php#L659
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
bluescreenterror

Post by bluescreenterror »

Hi chaspro,
Yes .. I have scoured the forums in search of a replacement agile/scrum plugin and none of them seem to have been maintained for Mantis v2. I'm OK with going back to basics if I can cobble together a simple organizational model based on a few list fields.
Did you take a look at Taskodrom https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Taskodrome? Its moved to V2. Maybe it fits your need.
Mantis: 2.23.0
XAMPP: v.3.2.4
PHP Version: 7.1.33
Windows Server 2016
chaspro

Post by chaspro »

I haven't logged in in a while. Just seeing this recommendation today. I never upgraded beyond v1.2.14, so I installed the Taskodrome plugin for the 1.2 series. It has a nice layout, but for large numbers of issues, some of the views don't populate. Just a big panel with long scrollbars and no tiles.

While it makes quick work of organizing the standard Mantis issues, and the relationship view is very helpful (should be a core feature of Mantis) ... it seems like it would be difficult to introduce Agile Sprints into the mix. The only organizational mechanism is by the Target Version field, which I guess you could add a new Version to the list for every project in a suite of tools to represent each 3-week sprint ... but that's a lot of versions to add as unique labels. One option might be to reuse a few Version labels (Sprint A, Sprint B, Sprint C ...) and rotate through them. Anyway ... thanks for the pointer. I'll definitely leave this plug-in plugged-in for the relationship view alone.