Migrating Mantis issues to gitlab ...missing Notes

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

bpabla50

Migrating Mantis issues to gitlab ...missing Notes

Post by bpabla50 »

Hi :
We have mantis 1.2.17 with postgresql 10.2 running on our site. I have exported all the issues for a project into CSV file. This CSV file does not include "Notes" for a given issue. I went into mantis GUI, and saw "notes" does not show in "ALL available columns", hence "CSV columns" does not have "notes". Is someone can suggest, how to include "notes" in exported CSV file from mantis.
I am using this tool to read info from this CSV file, and uploading to gitlab: https://gitlab.kitware.com/utils/mantis-to-gitlab. This tool works fine, but needs some improvement.
Thanks for any help.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Migrating Mantis issues to gitlab ...missing Notes

Post by atrol »

You are posting on the MantisBT forum where you get community driven support for MantisBT and MantisBT addons.
I don't expect you will get support for the mentioned tool in our forum.
I recommend to use the issue tracker of the tool to suggest improvements.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
dregad
Developer

Post by dregad »

The "notes" column is available for selection in the CSV export:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (78.14 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
However, that may have been added in a later version of MantisBT, I'm not sure. Please note that 1.2.17 is no longer supported, for many years now...

Anyway, that will give you all notes put together in a single field, not as structured data. Not sure that's what you want.

Code: Select all

@tadm (private) 2023-02-10 15:37
private note
=-=
@tadm 2023-02-10 15:37
test note
=-=
@tadm 2023-01-03 10:54
xxx
bpabla50

Post by bpabla50 »

Thanks.
All available columns on my site are :
id, project_id, reporter_id, handler_id, duplicate_id, priority, severity, reproducibility, status, resolution, category_id, date_submitted, last_updated, os, os_build, platform, version, fixed_in_version, target_version, view_state, summary, sponsorship_total, due_date, description, steps_to_reproduce, additional_information, attachment_count, bugnotes_count, selection, edit, overdue, custom_Subversion check-out path @ revision, custom_Subversion Corrected in path@revision

Yah, it could be older version of Mantis. I wonder is there any work around for 1.2.17 to edit some underlying file to add more columns, where GUI is reading these information from?
cas

Post by cas »

If it does not show within all available columns. it is not available in your version :(
dregad
Developer

Post by dregad »

The notes column was added in MantisBT release 1.3.0-rc.2. See https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=20383
is there any work around for 1.2.17 to edit some underlying file to add more columns, where GUI is reading these information from?
I would suggest you upgrade your Mantis to 1.3, which should be quite straightforward.

Otherwise you can try (at your own risk of course) to retrofit the patch to your 1.2.17, but that might prove to be difficult. If you're lucky it will apply cleanly and work as expected. If not... you're on your own :wink:
bpabla50

Post by bpabla50 »

Thanks folks.
I have another question regarding attachments on a given issue. What is the best way to export these out of mantis?
Since these cannot be exported as part of CSV files, what are other ways?
One way, I can think open the attachment from mantis GUI, and download it. It is manual tedious way, I want to avoid it.
Is Mantis has any API/tool to fetch these in one shot all attachments for a given project?
OR any tool, which can pull these information from postgresql database... here I assume attachments are also saved as a part of database.
RomaKamm

Post by RomaKamm »

dregad wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 12:09 The notes column was added in MantisBT release 1.3.0-rc.2. See https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=20383
is there any work around for 1.2.17 to edit some underlying file to add more columns, where GUI is reading these information from?
I would suggest you upgrade your Mantis to 1.3, which should be quite straightforward.

Otherwise you can try (at your own risk of course) to retrofit the patch to your 1.2.17, but that might prove to be difficult. If you're lucky it will apply cleanly and work as expected. If not... you're on your own :wink:
OK, thanks, I will do it and if I face any more problem, I will message you here.
Last edited by RomaKamm on 16 Mar 2023, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.