Localized default value

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

fmo

Localized default value

Post by fmo »

Hi,

I would like to define a localized default value for a custom text field.

My need is to guide users with some details on what they should write, using default value.
So default value would be for instance "write here the reference number of the article on which the bug has been found" and I would like to be able to display it in french for french users.

I am doing this successfully for dynamic possible values for an enumeration, but the same does not seem to work with default values.

See on the attached screenshot that I tried to set default value to "=detected_on_pn_default" and wrote the custom function for it, but default text always stays to "detected_on_pn_default".

Admin Guide stops to Date fields only and does not describe other type of fields.

Thanks
Attachments
MantisBTCustomFields.png
MantisBTCustomFields.png (14.29 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
Version de MantisBT: 2.25.5
Version du schéma: 211
Version de PHP: 8.2.2
Pilote de la base de données: mysqli
Version de la base de données, description: 10.10.2, 10.10.2-MariaDB-1:10.10.2+maria~ubu2204
fmo

Re: Localized default value

Post by fmo »

Interesting to see that someone else got the exact same problem (and maybe explained it better).

https://mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26636

But disappointing to see that no solution was provided either.

I guess then that the solution is not obvious and would need a plugin to make it work.
Version de MantisBT: 2.25.5
Version du schéma: 211
Version de PHP: 8.2.2
Pilote de la base de données: mysqli
Version de la base de données, description: 10.10.2, 10.10.2-MariaDB-1:10.10.2+maria~ubu2204