How to go about issues that needs testing?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

iar

How to go about issues that needs testing?

Post by iar »

Hi,

I would like to know how others config Mantis in relation to issues that need to be tested. Currently we change the status of an issue to resolved and resolution to fixed. But then it is still assigned to the developer that resolved the bug, instead of to the person(s) that need to test if the bug was fixed correctly. Would it be a good idea to introduce a new status called "needs testing" or something like that? Or are there better solutions for this?

I'm trying to convince people in this company that we need to start using Mantis instead of some lame application that was developed by some developer here in past time, but I'm having a hard time at it unfortunately. It would help if we would have the right solution for issues that needs to be tested. Also there are two people testing here, but an issue can only be assigned to one person at a time. So how to go about that?

George
iar

Post by iar »

It seems like I have found the solution already, please refer to http://manual.mantisbt.org/manual.custo ... values.php, where actually an example is given on how to add a test status.