Gantt Chart for Mantis

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

AlainD.

Re: Gantt Chart for Mantis

Post by AlainD. »

Hi,
It doesn't look like you're using JpGraph. Can you check that JpGraph is checked in "Manage" -> "Manage Plugins" -> "Mantis Graphs 1.0" for the option "Graph library to use"

Note that the bundled Graph library does not support Gantt Chart, and you have to use JpGraph instead to be able to use the Gantt Charts.
Also, what version of Mantis do you use ?
Thanks.
AlainD.
ti lamp, ti lamp n'arivé!
Mantis: 1.2.5
PHP: 5.2.0
Plugins: MantisGanttChart | Mantis Graphs | Source Control Integration | Subversion / WebSVN Integration
AlainD.

Post by AlainD. »

chewhg wrote:(...)
So chewhg, what is the status now ? Is it OK, do you still have issues ?
AlainD.
Plugins: MantisGanttChart | Mantis Graphs | Source Control Integration | Subversion / WebSVN Integration
kstaehle

Post by kstaehle »

Hello,
thank you for this very useful plugin!

But to come back to a previos question in this thread...
Elyes, Mar 22, 2012 wrote:Hello,
I'm wondering whether we can add the relationship (Parent Of, Child Of) between issues in the GANTT chart.
Or something like an ordinal relationship (One issue can't start before some other one has finished).
The question is just because I expect these features to be helpful for inserting issues easily in a given timeline.
Otherwise it would be nessesary to modify the "Start Dates" of all the issues after an insertion.

Please don't feel pushed. The actual function volume of the plugin is already very satisfying.
AlainD.

Post by AlainD. »

Well, As I said, it's a bit complicated to handle all cases and probleme of update when changing the date of one issue of the group (parent or child).
Besides, it happens also often that not the same developper work on the all the issues of one group. So changing automatically the date of all the sub-issues if the parent one is changed, is "not fair" for the developper who organized himself his planning for the fixes.

But it's true that what could be quite easily done is to display the child issues differently, maybe grouping them together under the parent one, with a special marker in the title for instance.
I'll try to figure something out.
AlainD.
kstaehle

Post by kstaehle »

To represent the issue relations graphically would be a great enhancement, maybe it would also be a good idea to use different styles for the bars.

As a consideration to your objection about the "fairness" I would say an additional property could solve the problem:
If it would be possible to specify that another issue blocks the start, the completion or neither of this (the last: a relation would only indicate the membership to a higher issue), the originator of an issue is free to determin how his issue behave.

Maybe my considerations leed to far because an issue tracker supposes a different approach in planning the work than a heavy weight Project Management Software or the like.
But with these features it would be possible to build a bridge between a rigid project planning and an agile handling of feature requests and bugs. Usually live isn't only this or that.

We already use mantis as a better "action item list" which is weekly updated in a planing meeting (as well as during the week by the responsible developer for a specific "action item" = issue).
But at least if you start to include not just instant bug an feature requests but also issues you like to be done in the future you merge seamlessly in a "old fashion project planning task".
lftsy

Post by lftsy »

I just wanted to thank you for the time you spent developing this addons, just starting to use it but it seems really great
=> We really need to have it running on the git manager in order to be able to upload patches if needed to keep this addon running

Best Regards
Yuhd

Post by Yuhd »

Hello,
I'm wondering how can I allow access to the Gantt Chart for only developper and deny it for other users ?

Thanks
AlainD.

Post by AlainD. »

For now, the plugin is based on the value of the config parameter 'view_summary_threshold'. Any users set for viewing the summary graphs can access the GanttCharts
But it's a good suggestion to allow more flexibility...

PS: I'll try to try again this week to add it on the git server :/
AlainD.
flhrulzierhuz

Post by flhrulzierhuz »

Hello,

Mantis Gantt Chart plugin is not present on https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins.
Please, where can I find it ?
AlainD.

Post by AlainD. »

Following the procedure described on the wiki, I just sent to the dev team the plugin to be hosted. I'll let you know when it's available.
Thank you.
AlainD.
flhrulzierhuz

Post by flhrulzierhuz »

Thanks for reply !

So, it's currently impossible to have this plugin.
I would like to download it, is there any other repositories ?

A force, A force va arrivé !
Farhad

Post by Farhad »

As a consideration to your objection about the "fairness" I would say an additional property could solve the problem:
If it would be possible to specify that another issue blocks the start, the completion or neither of this (the last: a relation would only indicate the membership to a higher issue), the originator of an issue is free to determin how his issue behave.

Maybe my considerations leed to far because an issue tracker supposes a different approach in planning the work than a heavy weight Project Management Software or the like.
But with these features it would be possible to build a bridge between a rigid project planning and an agile handling of feature requests and bugs. Usually live isn't only this or that.

We already use mantis as a better "action item list" which is weekly updated in a planing meeting (as well as during the week by the responsible developer for a specific "action item" = issu
AlainD.

Post by AlainD. »

Hi guys,
after some difficulties :)
I finally have the plugin hosted in the git repositories:
here it is:
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/GanttChart.git

Do not hesitate to contribute ;-)

Regards,
AlainD.
AlainD.

Post by AlainD. »

Please note that the plugin has been renamed. So in order to update:
Uninstall the previous version of MantisGanttChart via the Manage Plugin menu in Mantis,
Then download the plugin GanttChart new version 1.1 from the mantis plugins repository
And install it.

Voilà.
AlainD.
maroma

Post by maroma »

hi
i have problem with this pluging:
SYSTEM NOTICE: 'Use of undefined constant ACTYPE_NORMAL - assumed 'ACTYPE_NORMAL'' in 'C:\wamp\www\mantisbug3\plugins\GanttChart\core\gantt_api.php' line 831
i have teste with the version 1.3.0