assign to myself only

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mohamedh

assign to myself only

Post by mohamedh »

Hi

I am trying to allow developers to assign the issue to themselves only, without allowing them to assign the issue to someone else.

Is such behavior achievable?

The drop-down shows [myself],[reporter] and a full list of people that are eligible (full list of developers). I want the developer to be able to see [myself] only. other Higher roles (managers) can assign to anyone. I could not find any options to customize the dropdown filter per role.

I believe it was achievable in prior versions, iirc, there was an "assign to me" button.

How can I achieve the behavior I am looking for?

Thanks
cas

Re: assign to myself only

Post by cas »

AFAIK that is not available out o :roll: f the box
mohamedh

Post by mohamedh »

Thanks

I assume the only way is to modify "bug_view_inc.php" and mess around with $t_options

But I was hoping there might be a way to do it without having to modify the core, some method/event that could be used to overwrite it in an external plugin?
cas

Post by cas »

Unfortunately there is also no custom_function_default for selecting the handler so think you need to adjust a core file to achieve what you want.
Another way of looking at your challenge, is disallowing handlers to assign at all, only managers can do that. Available out of the box :mrgreen:
mohamedh

Post by mohamedh »

Nice thinking! perhaps I will disable "assign" permission completely for developers and use "EVENT_VIEW_BUG_AFTER_DETAILS" in a plugin to add a custom button using my own custom function for self-assign only.
Thanks