Looong text from email message imports without wrapping

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mushu

Looong text from email message imports without wrapping

Post by mushu »

Mantis 2.25.2
EmailReporting 0.10.1

When a Note is imported into the ticket via EmailReporting plugin it doesn't seem to know how to wrap text. The text should be wrapped to the window size of the Notes section but unless there are hard carriage returns it is one looooong line of text. This pushes the trash can icon for images off the screen and you have to figure out how to "drag" the window wider to get there to delete attachments in the note.

It IS properly wrapped when sending the email to customer and customer opens message to read it.

Not sure if this is a Mantis problem or a plugin problem. Mantis WILL properly wrap the text after editing and resaving that note.
SL-Gundam

Re: Looong text from email message imports without wrapping

Post by SL-Gundam »

Please activate debug mode and provide me with the exported copy of the email that caused it.
Please also provide a screenshot of the ticket in MantisBT that shows the problem you're describing.
MantisBT only supports plaintext with BBcode. So kinda weird other things are affecting the showing of the content.
mushu

Post by mushu »

I would have to edit out all domains and server names because of where I work so that's a pain. Do you really need a full log and copy of the original email? You can duplicate this issue yourself.

step 1. create a mantis ticket either by emailing one through the EmailReporting plugin or manually entering a new one in the app.
step 2. send an email to the ticket mailbox with the subject line holding the ticket number and project name so that the plugin can properly sort it and add it to the correct ticket. Example, make subject line in the incoming email but use correct ticket number: Testing [Project1 0002135]
step 3. wait for EmailReporting to import that email into Mantis and attach the text as a Note to your ticket.
step 4. take a look at the Note that was just imported and see how all long lines of text are a single row without CRLF breaks and they do not wrap to the current browser window size.
step 5. Go ahead and Edit that Note and just hit [Save] and see how the text is now wrapping properly and fits within the current window size so you can read all of the text.

I used a copy-n-paste in the test email from the Lorem Ipsum website but you can use any loooong line of text you want as a test: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
Last edited by mushu on 18 Apr 2023, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

I need an email that has the problem. I don't have that myself as i have not encountered this problem.
I've never had this problem myself so it needs to be something with the specific formatting of the email body or subject... or something else.

This might be a problem with the original email client. But i can't be sure until i have an email that shows this issue to test on.
mushu

Post by mushu »

Do you have an email address that I can send it to so you get all of the headers and stuff you need, plus the body of the message will be one long line of text (Lorem Ipsum from above)?
mushu

Post by mushu »

Here is an image of the ticket Mantis created by sending the long text message to Mantis and having it handled by the EmailReporting plugin. Note the scroll bar on the bottom of the image showing how I scrolled it to the right before taking the screenshot. This is the original ticket body as imported into Mantis.

mantis-email-temp.jpg
mantis-email-temp.jpg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 26513 times

When I edit the ticket by clicking the [Edit] button on the left it will immediately fix the one long text line and wrap it properly, as seen in this screenshot. Note the lack of a bottom scroll bar:

mantis-email-temp2.JPG
mantis-email-temp2.JPG (85 KiB) Viewed 26513 times