Mantis Platform Concerns

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

juan.arias

Mantis Platform Concerns

Post by juan.arias »

hi,

I hope you are good. In the company where I work we are using mantis, I have the following concerns, I hope you can help me solve them:

1- The information that is uploaded to the platform, such as PDF, JPG, WORD files, etc., where are they stored? Is it safe to attach this type of corporate information on the platform? What security levels does mantis have to guarantee that the information is secure?

2- Is there a paid version of the tool? to know if it has additional functionalities.

3- Does this tool have a version for mobile devices?

Thank you.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Mantis Platform Concerns

Post by atrol »

juan.arias wrote: 25 May 2023, 14:03 1- The information that is uploaded to the platform, such as PDF, JPG, WORD files, etc., where are they stored? Is it safe to attach this type of corporate information on the platform? What security levels does mantis have to guarantee that the information is secure?
Attachments can be stored in database or file system depending on configuration option $g_file_upload_method of your installation.

Access to the attachments by the MantisBT application depends on your configuration.
I recommend to read the Admin Guide to get an impression of the possible configurations.
Checking the "Attachments" sections of the "Workflow Thresholds" page is also an option.

Be aware that the direct access to attachments (database or file system) must also be protected, but this is a task for the administrator of the database and / or the operating system.
juan.arias wrote: 25 May 2023, 14:03 2- Is there a paid version of the tool? to know if it has additional functionalities.
There is no paid version that can be hosted by yourself, but there are a lot of 3rd party plugins, e.g check https://github.com/orgs/mantisbt-plugins/repositories
juan.arias wrote: 25 May 2023, 14:03 3- Does this tool have a version for mobile devices?
There are some 3rd party mobile apps. (never used myself)
Using the browser on mobile devices is typically enough to work with MantisBT.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
vboctor
Site Admin

Re: Mantis Platform Concerns

Post by vboctor »

You can use MantisBT via MantisHub as a hosted service.
https://www.mantishub.com

Feel free to email support -at- mantishub.com with questions you have on the service.

-Victor
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud