This page collects various UI problems reported by users, to be taken as input for a MantisBT GUI redesign.
- can't relayout without touching every file
- tablebased & hardcoded styles
- rarely id or class attributes. no chance to css it
- I can't setup my own view of issues. I *think* that's my biggest gripe.
- test it out for a day or two and you'll know why :). Adding new entries to mantis takes way too much time.
- ah ok, not that mantis is a bad product, I used it for over 2 years. It's just the interface is too slow and needs a new look.
- #mantisbt is a good bug tracker, but he has an old layout, long development cycles and a complicated administration at file level.
- Well, mantisbt is good enough, unless you need to ldap auth, sso, or use the soap api. Oh, you just can't re-style.
- The design is very “oldschool” and I think it's actually ugly, so no good feeling while working with it, you know?
- Mantis customization only via config files, e.g. custom workflows
- little or clunky support for agile development.
- Jira has better overview of coming versions, better API, dated UI, file upload is better, Jira Connect.
mantisbt/ui_grievances.txt · Last modified: 2013/04/23 17:42 by atrol